All personnel required to drive airside at Cranfield Airport must attend and complete an Airside Driving Course.
- Type E – Escort only
- Type A – Aprons
- Type M – Aprons and manoeuvring areas excluding runways
- Type R – Runway including manoeuvring areas and aprons.
Airside driving permit holders type M and R
- Will successfully complete a multiple choice exam to confirm that they have understood the training and that they recall the most important rules and regulations if driving airside
- Will undertake a radiotelephony assessment
- Will undertake a practical driving assessments.
- Airfield topography
- Safe working practices
- Rules and regulations covering the airfield
- Low visibility procedures
- Aerodrome signs and markings.
The classroom instruction session includes powerpoint presentation
Airside driving permit holders type E and A
Will then complete a short knowledge check question paper.
Course durations will depend on the type of permit required but we suggest you allow between 2 and 4 hours. Refresher courses typically last 1 to 2 hours.
For more information, course availability or to book a course please email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1234 754710.