Air Traffic Control Assistant (ATCA)
37.5 hours per week
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Cranfield Airport is a commercial, research and General Aviation (GA) airport situated between Bedford and Milton Keynes, and is the home base to many corporate and private aircraft owners.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Air Traffic Control Assistant (ATCA) to join a busy team that performs a safety critical function in providing
Air Traffic services to all airport and local airspace users. In particular this individual will assist the Air Traffic Control Officer in undertaking the following duties;-
- Maintaining data displays in accordance with published procedures
- Alerting the emergency services in accordance with published procedures
- Accepting booking out details from pilots and prepare flight progress strips in accordance with local procedures
- Maintaining and amending aeronautical documents and publications (as required)
- Liaising with local agencies as required
- Maintain a log of movements and record statistics as required
- Undertake tasks associated with the Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) Safety, Quality and Security Management systems as directed in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
Training will be provided however to be successful in this post you will need to demonstrate that you are flexible, resilient and able to produce work that is accurate in a timely manner in what can be a demanding environment. It is essential that you are able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing and that you can provide an efficient, professional service to our clients. In additional will need to feel confident in your ability to use Word and Excel and to work as part of a small motivated team.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mrs Sophie Hayes, Senior Air Traffic Controller on T: +44 (0)1234 754676 or E:
Apply online now at www.cranfield.ac.uk/hr or contact us for further details on E: or T: +44 (0)1234 754223