Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) (3514)
Based at: Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 to £42,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Posted Date: 02/02/2021
Apply by: 21/02/2021
Cranfield Airport is a commercial and GA airport situated in Class G airspace situated between Bedford and the City of Milton Keynes with a 1799m runway which can accommodate business jets such as the Falcon, Gulfstream and Boeing Business Jet, which currently do not require runway slots.
We’re looking for an ATSEP to work as part of our ANS team at Cranfield, ideally with a strong and in-depth knowledge of Networks (LAN/WAN), Routers, Switches and Multiplexers.
We offer a challenging and varied working environment as part of a Global Research Airport with several large projects and upgrades in the pipeline.
Accountable to the Manager Air Navigation Services, you will be responsible for;
- Planning and carrying out (within defined Competency Ratings) planned and corrective maintenance tasks on a range of CNS/ATM systems.
- Prioritising faults and or directing engineering resources towards a safe and expeditious restoration of service.
- Make operational decisions; provide guidance, specialist advice and assistance.
- Fully brief ATC on any CNS/ATM issues which may impact the operation.
- Maintain own Competency Ratings and ensure any concerns are reported to your Line Manager.
- Conduct post incident investigations to aid the provision of Incident Reports in the event of a safety related event.
You will hold a qualification to Higher National Certificate (NVQ Level 4) as a minimum in Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Science as well as relevant experience. You will have also undertaken structured Engineering training (e.g. apprenticeship recognised by professional body) and have extensive engineering experience.
You will be able to prioritise actions under pressure, be technically competent to work on a wide range of equipment and have a logical approach to problem solving. Effective oral and written communication skills with ability to present information accurately to customers and suppliers, is essential.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Russ Edwards, Manager Air Navigation Services, on (T); +44 (0)1234 75 754614 or (E); email@example.com.